Drive to Arrive Platinum Defensive Driving Course
John Bowe provides defensive driving courses through Australia
This is our primary and most popular course and is the important first step in people becoming safer and more defensive drivers. It is a one day course (8.30am registration, 9am start - finish 4.30pm) and participants use their own vehicle. It is conducted in the safe & controlled surroundings of our driver training facilities across Australia.
Key points covered include :
There are no pass or fail tests during the course. This contributes to it being non-threatening and enjoyable. Each participant receives a certificate at the completion of the day along with the important life skills of how to stay safe on our roads.
Most importantly, participants in the John Bowe Driving Drive-to-Arrive course will learn about the simple attitude changes which will make everyone a safer driver in any conditions.
Road Safety Discussion Topics
*For more details about the training content and benefits of each activity please contact us in the office.
The Drive to Arrive defensive driving course is the first step in becoming a safer driver and is suitable for drivers of all ages - and skill levels.
Driving a car is a dangerous, high risk, high stress and complicated task. Yet we all take it for granted and after getting a licence, rarely do any further training. Our Drive to Arrive course adds to your skill level but not to the point of inducing over confidence. You will learn skills that may save your life but just as importantly you wil learn things that will change your attitude and approach to driving.
Drive to Arrive is an interesting and educational mix of theory and practical activities. Attendees use their own vehicles so they understand the limitations of both themselves and their vehicle.
Many large companies are using this course as part of their occupational health and safety policy, both for people on the road as part of their job but also for anyone who drives a company car even just to and from the office.
The course is ideal for newly licenced drivers to complete within the first few months after getting a licence.
Our supportive instructors are skilled not just in driving, but also in communicating to ensure that people who do the course are safer and better drivers at the end of the day. As with all good training, participants will also have fun.
What To Expect
Some people are worried that the Drive to Arrive course may be too basic. You will find that the course is both enjoyable and challenging, no matter how many years you have been driving. Everyone is amazed at the new knowledge and skills that they obtain during both the theory and practical sessions. This experience will change your attitude to road use for a long time to come.
At John Bowe Driving, your safety is our first concern - after all that's the aim of our course, to make you a safer driver. Some drivers attending the Drive to Arrive course are concerned that they may do themselves or their car damage. This course has been specifically designed so that there is no danger of damage to you or your vehicle. Tyre and mechanical wear is kept to a minimum.
The Drive to Arrive defensive driving course is a 'real world' driving course so the practical activities are nothing more than you would expect your car to do when driving on the roads.
Since 1997 John Bowe Driving has been conducting post licence driver training courses throughout Australia. We have been constantly updating and tweaking our course content, including our Drive to Arrive defensive driving course, to provide unrivaled results for our customers.
We pride ourselves in specialising in the following:
1. Small groups: This ensures that all attendees receive attention, encouragement, instruction and any personalized help where necessary.
2. Refreshments: We provide morning tea, lunch and refreshments which not only save our attendees from having to locate and purchase their own lunches, keeping the group together during the lunch break which in turn encourages discussion from what they have learnt during the morning session.
3. Safety Kit: From September 2011 on the completion of their defensive course all attendees will receive a safety kit which includes some vital safety products that have been discussed and recommended during the course.
4. Caring Instructors: John Bowe Driving only use instructors who are passionate about reducing crashes by instilling life saving skills and attitudes through our courses. Our instructors all believe that Governments don't do enough to change driver behavior through the current licence testing procedures. Our desire is to make you a better and thus safer driver.
5. Course Progression: At John Bowe Driving we believe that driver training should not just be a one off experience. We provide all levels of training so that people can continue to improve their driving skill and awareness.
John Bowe Driving
Registration: 8.15am to 8.45am
Course Starts: 9.00am
Course Finishes: 4.30pm
We recommend that you check (or have checked for you) the following items before attending the course to be sure that your car is in good roadworthy condition.
Course Preparation Check-list;
This is conducted in the safe surroundings of our driver training facilities throughout Victoria and across Australia. For available venues check the Course Dates & Bookings page and shortlist your preferred venue using the search navigation.
John Bowe Defensive Driving Course Venues Victoria
John Bowe Defensive Driving Course Venues New South Wales
John Bowe Defensive Driving Course Venues Tasmania
John Bowe Defensive Driving Course Venues South Australia
John Bowe Defensive Driving Course Venues Western Australia
John Bowe Defensive Driving Course Venues Queensland
John Bowe Defensive Driving Course Venues Nothern Territory
Note: for some states we use associate driver training providers.